Agriculture plays a very important role in any place. Agriculture is considered to be the backbone of India and also a very important part of Indian economy. It not only helps in creasing the economy of India but also provide employment opportunities to a large population of India. Now a day’s agriculture is not only till growing crops but also increased a lot and processing, distribution of crops, live stock products, etc. are said to a part of agriculture. In olden days where agriculture was one of the best occupations and most preferred one, in recent years it is gradually decreasing.
So, here we have listed down some points on why agriculture is important in India.
- Agriculture is one of the main sources of livelihood of many people. It is said that more than 40% of people livelihood is dependent on agriculture.
- Agriculture is also considered to be one of the sources for an increase in national revenue. But in many developed countries agriculture has low contribution to the national income.
- Agriculture not only provides food but also supplies fodder too. The domestic animals provide milk which is one of the forms of protective food which is a part of agriculture and many more such other things.
- Many agricultural products such as tea, many different kinds of spices, coffee, tobacco, cereals, grains, and many other products are the major items that are exported to other countries and is the significance of international trade and this why agriculture is important in India.
- International trade then helps to manage the payments where you balance by importing other necessary items needed for the economic development.
- Agricultural is also one the most important factor for surplus in market. Many companies are dependent on agricultural products let it be for food production or any other things. For ex, Amul is mainly dependent on milk which is a protective food for the production of many other products such as ice creams, butter, cheese, and many other products.
- Agricultural is one of the main sources for raw materials of many industries like sugar production is dependent on sugar cane, edible oil cannot be produced without the agricultural products, etc.
These are some of the reasons on why agriculture is important in India and plays an important role. We hope you have liked this article and found it interesting and helpful. We hope you have got all the information you were looking for, for any doubt or suggestion feel free to contact us. Stay connected to not miss out on the latest post on may topics related to agriculture, harvesting and organic farming.
Thank You for Visiting!!